Saturday, May 3, 2008

Shoes. Let's get some shoes.

Jen and I bought shoes today. Red and blue for me (Bogo!), and mustard for Jen (Remix).

We also trekked to Brooklyn to check out an A+mazing PLUS SIZE boutique I discovered last night while watching an episode of What Not To Wear. Lee Lee's Valise is located on the corner of Court St. and President St. They had so many beautiful things that actually fit me!!! The staff were friendly and pleasant but not at all overbearing. The owner, Lisa, even persuaded me to try on a $700 Anna Scholz gown. Can I just say that I have not felt so tall EVER in my life, not to mention thin. Obviously I was not going for the red carpet dress, but I may have to save up for some fabulous Svoboda wide leg jeans.


Next, we made our way to Union Square for the farmers market. (Enroute we got sidetracked by a few shoe stores as you can see above.) We also stopped in at Filene's Basement to check off some items on Jen's to do list for her upcoming tour in Asia, but we didn't have too much luck.


Our bad luck continued with a frightening trip to the Union Square McDonalds, (we know, we know.) And unfortunately, things didn't get much better at the farmers market. I don't know if it was the chilly weather today that kept the vegetable sellers away, or if we simply came too late to catch anyone. By the time we got there, the market was mainly comprised of butchers, bakers, and... apple sellers. In the end we came away with some delicious cider and apple cider donuts from the same orchard/bakery. So we weren't too upset.

All in all we had a beautiful gloomy Saturday, and came away with some cute new kicks. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

4 comments:

Duckie said...

these shoes ROCK.

Le Hot Tomato said...

And the red ones only have a teensy tiny 1 inch kitten heel! So they are comfortable for all day shoes!

Duckie said...

are they made of real leather? if so, perhaps I can fit my beaver-paddle-wide feet in a pair!

Le Hot Tomato said...

No, unfortunately not. They came from Payless. But they were on clearance and I got them for all of $2.50 so I will take it. :)