Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Very Hard to Keep the Line...



The trailer for the HBO adaptation of Grey Gardens, starring Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore as Big Edie and Little Edie Beale respectively is finally out! Based on the iconic 1970's documentary of the same name, the movie will explore the backstory as well as the documentary period, of Jackie O's eccentric relatives.

I have to admit, when I head they had cast Drew Barrymore as Little Edie I was very, VERY skepticle, but this trailer is giving me a bit more hope. She seems to have the voice down at least. Jessica Lange looks so much like Big Edie it's downright creepy.

I may have to subscribe to HBO for the month of April just so that I can actually see this before it comes out on DVD.





2 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Wow - I'm truly surprised at how not bad that looks!
Though, the original is such a perfect, perfect documentary, I still question the need to do this. And it saddens me that people will watch this and remain oblivious of the original documentary!

Le Hot Tomato said...

Jane,

Now that thought (that people will remain oblivious to the original) does make me very sad.

I guess we can only hope that this will be as fitting a tribute as the broadway musical turned out to be.

I have hope, but I'm still crossing my fingers.

-Emily