Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trust is quicksand...


I've been working on a new project lately that has involved a lot of musical research. This week I discovered the band Sleeping at Last, and after downloading their album I've fallen in love with the lyrics to this song. They may end up being fairly instrumental to the project.

I shiver every time I read this:

Quicksand by Sleeping at Last

There are wires in between
Human heart and machine.
I will wait for mountains
To tell me you’re okay…

On paper my future will lay.
I’ll fold every failure into a crane.

Trust is quicksand,
Claiming everything I have,
All to give me life, all to give me life.

Slow down, hide your eyes!
The sun is setting fire
Through glass, branches deep.
I cough only to breathe.

Trust is quicksand,
Claiming everything I have,
All to give me life, all to give me life.
One thousand more to go,
I’ll send every prayer from below.
I was swallowed by a whale.

Slow down, you’re all words
And love is made of yarn.
Scissors,
A slip of the hand, a slip of the tongue;
God knows I meant no harm, I meant no harm.

In between every promise and lie there is a kiss.
In between tempers and suitcases there is a kiss.

In between medicine and the sick there is a kiss.
In between arrows, aim, and release, there is a kiss.

(Anchors in reverse
Lead us back to birth.)

No comments: