Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Candie is Dandy!

If you are like me you get sad about silly things. Like the fact that you'll never get to go to summer camp again. Or that watching your favorite movie repeatedly isn't going to change the ending to something happier. Or the fact that Jacques Brel is in fact NOT alive and well and living in Paris.

Or in this specific case, that you will never get to hear new music from your favorite artists of the 1960's.

Joy of joys for me, because I do not have to be sad anymore!

Let me introduce you to Miss Candie Payne, a native of Liverpool who sounds like she stepped right out of a James Bond fantasy flick. She's a little slice of Audrey Hepburn meets Nancy Sinatra and frankly I just can't get enough.

I am absolutely in love with her music and will be buying the album as soon as it is readily available in the States, but until then I am content to be obsessed with the look of her videos. I am this close to dying my hair back to a bittersweet chocolate brown just so that I can slightly resemble her. Check out her hair and make-up in the video for the Mark Ronson mix of "One More Chance."




I don't know about you, but after that all I want to do is bouffant my hair and layer on the liquid eyeliner. She may just inspire my entire spring wardrobe, and I'm sure I'll be watching for her career to land stateside at some point in the near future.

Check out her myspace here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=52879670

Or go to her website where you can preview the entire album for free:
http://www.candiepayne.com/index.html

No comments: