Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Traveling Minstrel I, A Thing Of Shreds....


So I realize I'm a few weeks late on the New Years Resolution train. I made my resolution at the correct juncture, but am only now sharing it with all of you. I don't normally go down this road because I am well acquainted with my personal stores of will power, and they are somewhat, how shall I say, lacking.


However...


This year I resolve to live like a pauper. I do this in the name of finally being able to afford my own apartment. Sans roommates. Sans design quandaries. Mine. My very own place.


I don't expect this to be easy. I know there will be skipped dinners, and extended rain checks on drinks with friends. I know I will seriously have to deliberate over which movies to see in the theatre and which to wait and netflix. I know there will come a time when I will have to pass up a pair of heartachingly cute shoes (even if they are only $15 at Marshalls, because let's face it, $15 is $15 no matter what my shoe hormones are saying.)


But if these small sacrifices mean that I can have this...





or this...

or even this...


then I suppose the shoes will just have to wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I vote for the room behind door number One. Can I send you some ear plugs?

Your everlovin' Mom