Thursday, April 3, 2008

15 things...


So I've been struggling lately with finding a focus for this blog. I am passionate about so many things that I get distacted and frustrated and then end up not posting at all. So I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm just going to blog about whatever I want until I can comfortably settle into a pattern. I don't want to force myself in any one direction until I'm certain it's something I'm going to want to follow through on. So that's that.


Today I thought I would share with you a list. This was inspired by Aimee over at Put Your Flare On. She is one of my favorite bloggers in Paris, and has just achieved something pretty big. She just opened her own cafe and tea house in Paris. Now Aimee is originally from Olathe, KS, and being a Kansas girl myself I'm pretty inspired by her story. Someday I'm going to have to go to Paris and meet her. She has a list on her blog entitled "30 Things " comprised of goals and wishes and dreams for her life. As these are things I've been thinking a lot about recently I thought I would give it a try. I'm half way there...


Some of these things are big and some are small. Some I can take care of soon, and some will take considerably more time. But for now, it's just nice to admit them to the world at large.


Without further ado, I give you my 15 (only slightly random) things...


15 Things Just For Me


  1. Learn to speak fluent French

  2. Take an extended cross country road trip. I want to know my country.

  3. Visit India

  4. Get back to my first love; Performing

  5. Own my own apartment in NYC

  6. Live more spontaneously/Be more open to the world around me

  7. Take classes at a culinary school

  8. Have a vegetable garden (even if it's just tomatoes and herbs on my fire escape!)

  9. Improve my guitar playing skills

  10. Get married and have 5 babies

  11. Sing in a jazz combo

  12. Have my own sewing room

  13. Find my happy place

  14. Live to see my siblings achieve their creative goals

  15. Spend a year in Paris

What do you want to do?

No comments: